Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 September 2011

Mountain Ash Berries, Hard Winter?

If my memory serves me right, these are Mountain Ash berries.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  They are profuse this year, hanging heavily in the trees in the parks and along the streets.  Does this mean a hard winter?  Are the hedgehogs hibernating early?  Tonight I say "Aufwiedersehen" to my choir.  I am sorry to leave, but I shall be back next year to enjoy more singing.  Last week we sang songs by Schubert and Brahms,  ahhh to sing in proper German is wonderful.  I bought two big boxes of chocolates today for my "Aufwiedersehen, see you again in May 2012" nibbles tonight.   I'll say a big thank you to the choir for making me feel so welcome, and a friend will translate my message into German.   I won't be able to string a German sentence together if I get all weepy and emotional.  Boo hoo, boo hoo!   I have my hankie at the ready. 

21.30, back from choir where I got very emotional.  I'll report back tomorrow.

My time here has gone so quickly, and although I have another four weeks to go, I've started sorting my things, deciding what to take back, what to leave here with Janet and what throw away.  I have many intesting leaflets, but I cannot take everything home with me, and the books that I've bought will add a few extra kilos to my baggage.


No comments:

Post a Comment