Powered By Blogger

Thursday 15 September 2011

Tonight's the Night, so think of me at 19.00 GMT or 20.00 CET.

My presentation is perfect, (well I think so!)  All the spelling is correct and the grammar double checked.  I shall like the audience to ask questions as we go along. I like audience participation, but questions about, "Are you sure that's how you spell ???" will be a bit embarrassing.  Janet will take some photos of me in action and I'll post a write up tomorrow.  I'm now looking forward to the talk, although I don't know how big the audience will be.  I've some maps and information to pin up and hope to draw some diagrams on a whiteboard, explaining how the locks work.   It will be an intersting evening, hopefully with plenty of questions I can answer. 

The photos show a duck that hitched a lift on my boat way back in the summer of 2008 and the bottom one shows Pulteney Bridge in the centre of Bath, the famous bridge based on the designs of the Ponte di Rialto and Ponte Vecchio in Florence.  It was completed in 1773 by Robert Adam.  When crossing the River Avon, it is not apparent that you are on a bridge, there are rows of shops each side, and it appears as an ordinary street.

No comments:

Post a Comment