Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 September 2011

A Foggy Morning in the Beet Field and a Comedy of Errors.

The day started with thick fog, the first I have seen since living here.  It had cleared by 09.30 and we had yet another beautiful "Indian Summer" day.   I did the washing in too much of a hurry this morning, and failed to add any washing powder and set the wrong number for the spin cycle, so of course the door wouldn't  open. I had to reset the cycle  and go through the whole process again which made me late.  I then  rushed for the bus, and caught the M3 tram to the  Residents Office in BS, where they wanted to see my passport and some evidence of me leaving the country.  I was sent to room 101 for people whose surnames begin with MPQ FLNOR, where I got a ticket out of the "Who is next in the queue machine" and waited 40 minutes to be interviewed.  Eventually my form was stamped and signed, and I now need to leave the country on Friday 7th October.  The lowest photo shows no. 931 inside being interviewed,  I was no. 934 in the queue.

Then I needed cash, so went to withdraw some Euros, only to find that I'd bought my credit card with me instead of my debit card.  I stood outside the bank and said, "Sh*t" in English and in German, as I had only four Euros in my purse.  Janet and I had arranged to meet for lunch in "Graff" so she lent me some cash to do the shopping and I will repay her when she is in the UK the week after next.  I came home, made a cuppa and began to feel a whole lot better.  It was one of those days!

The fire brigade were in the Rathaus Square again today, so I was able to take a photo of the crane lifting brave citizens high up into the air for a view of the city.  I did not venture up, I much prefer Mother Earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment