Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 September 2011

AWO-Haus, Frankfurter Strasse 18, Braunschweig.

I met Janet And Guenter today at the AWO-Haus, Frankfurter Strasse, where I will be giving my talk on Thursday evening.  I did know where the venue stood, but I have only visited before in the dark, so it came as a surprise to see this attractive outside wall frieze for the first time.  A musician seems to be playing  a ekulele to some strange  birds and animals sitting in a tree.  It looks like an illustration from a German storybook, I don't think it's  the Pied Piper of Hameln  or Till Eulenspiegel.   Perhaps someone knows what it means.  We all went for lunch later to a local Turkish restaurant and enjoyed fish with vegetables and salad followed by a cream coffee for Janet and a big dish of nutty ice cream for G and me.  I also drank a large Wolter's beer and now all I want to do is go to sleep!   The photo below shows the big reception room at the AWO-Haus, where I may be giving my talk.   I think it rather depends on how many people turn up to listen.  

I'm thinking of using my squirrel pointer during my talk, although it may make me laugh too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment