Powered By Blogger

Friday 16 September 2011

The Talk with Pictures.

It was a pity so few turned up to hear my excellent talk and picture show (I thought it was excellent) of the K&A Canal.  Still they were a cosy group who asked interesting questions throughout the evening, most of which I could answer. Everyone found the history, facts and figures interesting.  We talked about the management of water in the canal and also about the kinds of cargo that was carried in the barges.  The evening  was a good preparation for a number of talks I hope to give when I return to the UK.   At the moment I'm preparing two more talks,  "Six Months in Braunschweig" and "The Rebuilt Dresden."   

The "Wiltshire Ladies Group"  has asked me to talk to them sometime in the New Year about my visit to Dresden, so I'd better get my skates on.  I'm looking forward to a nice quiet weekend before the last three weeks of my stay gets really busy.  I cannot believe that six months has gone so quickly, surely I only arrived yesterday?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment